Thursday, August 25, 2016

The 2016 Rio Olympics

It has been a thrilling Summer Olympics in the last 2 weeks and we enjoyed watching many of the events on TV. While watching the swimming competition, we noticed that Nathan Adrian looks surprisingly similar to Chow Yun Fat (周潤發), especially when he smiles. Chow Yun Fat is one of my favorite Hong Kong actors and I grew up watching him in several TVB TV series, with 北斗雙雄 being my favorite series (having watched it several times over the years). Perhaps they can cast Mr. Adrian when they need to make a biopic of Mr. Chow. 

Another thing during the Olympics that I like is that I can listen to a special CD. Many years ago, (around the 1996 Atlanta Olympics I believe), I took some pictures on film (yes, there used to be such a thing as photographic film) and went to the local drugstore to get them developed. There was a special promotion from Kodak that included a CD titled "The Sound and the Spirit" with music from various Olympic games. Since then I would play this CD every 4 (sometimes 2) years. 

No comments:

Post a Comment