Thursday, December 17, 2015

The fan awakens

As I mentioned in this post, I have been a longtime fan of Star Wars, as Return of the Jedi was released when I was a teenager. To prepare ourselves to watch the new Star Wars movie, my family and I have been watching the first 6 episodes again over the last couple of weeks.  It has been years since I have seen some of them, and it brought back some nice memories.  I always chuckled at some of names that are used, for instance Admiral Ackbar who looks like a cuttlefish, is from the species Mon Calamari.  Christopher Lee, whose is famous for playing Count Dracula, plays a character called Count Dooku.  And midichlorian sounds like mitochondrion, which are microscopic parts in cells responsible for supplying components for generating energy in the cell .

One thing I remember from my childhood is that there is one part of the Star Wars theme song that sounds exactly like part of a deodorant commercial jiggle I saw on a Venezuelan TV Channel.

No comments:

Post a Comment